I’ve been so blessed with all of the deer that have been around our home. Today my son came in and told me there was a deer out in the backyard. So, I grabbed my camera and went to see. She wasn’t at all spooked when I came out onto the back porch. I snapped several pictures there.
When my son walked away the deer became curious and started to follow him. She stood in the yard and I was able to take pictures.
She then walked back up into the woods. I finally decided to walk up into the yard to see if I could take pictures of her close up. I don’t have a telephoto lens with my new camera so I can’t zoom up. I walked up to her and she didn’t budge, she just kept on chomping on the leaves all around her.
She came closer to me and even put her nozzle up to check me out.
By that time my son had grabbed my other camera and snapped a picture of me with the deer.
I was so wishing I had an apple to feed her. She walked across the yard and up into the woods a bit.
When I went out and told my husband and son that I wished I had an apple they reminded me we had carrots. So, he ran and grabbed me a carrot & I walked up into the woods to give her the carrot.
She waited for me and graciously took the carrot from my hand. I was able to take several pictures of her close up.
By this point different friends of ours pulled into the driveway and got to see her. I walked out of the woods and she followed me. So my son ran back into the house to grab a couple more carrots. It was so exciting!!!
I was so amazed that she was so friendly. I believe that she is pregnant and will soon be having a little one. I’ve just been so blessed by these photo opportunities.
Have I mentioned that I love living in the woods???
Oh wow! that's amazing that you were able to get that close to a wild deer.
ReplyDelete