I already told you about a special gift I got last week where I was able to go to the pottery studio. I am still looking forward to seeing the piece, but it’s not done.
On Christmas morning, we got up and found a couple extra presents under the tree than what we left there the night before. Come to find out that our oldest daughter had put them under there during the night. She was instructed to do this from our friends.
When I read the tag on the one gift it said: To My Friend & Confidante …. I don’t know how to explain how this made me feel except that the tears started to pour out of my eyes. I was truly blessed by the gesture, but to hear me be called a friend is just in itself a gift. Once I pulled myself together, I opened the gift. In it there was a beautiful quilt. My friend is a talented quilter and I am so blessed to have received one of her quilts. It is something that I will treasure forever. The colors are absolutely perfect! I love earth tone colors.
Isn’t it beautiful??? It is called “Whack and Stack”.
Also inside the box was a container of sunflower seeds. I love sunflower seeds! & a book called, “Strange Red Cow and other curious classified ads from the past” by Sara Bader. I’m sure this will be an amusing read!
Did I say that after I seen what was in the box the tears started pouring again? They did. What a special gift and an extremely special friend!
There was another gift that was for the family. Inside it was some of our favorite snacks. They definitely paid attention to what our family likes! There was a bottle of Mt. Dew, Peanut butter cups, cashews, Swiss rolls and Doritos. Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment