May 27, 2009

Empty Nest

I had gone out this morning to take pictures & all 3 birds were nicely nestled into their nest.  005Unfortunately, my pictures are very blurry. 

Later in the morning I went back out and took a few more pictures, but there were only 2 birds in the nest.   014 The mother was squawking at me something terrible! I apparently disturbed her lessons.  Considering that I’m a homeschooling mama, 021I should have understood her frustrations!  A little bit later my son came and told me that the birds were all gone, but there was one sitting in the tree. 025

We went and got the camera and I was able to take a picture of one of the babies in the tree. 

So, exactly 2 weeks later the babies are off on their own.  Mama Robin has an “Empty Nest”.  028

1 comment:

  1. We recently found a robins nest in our down-spout and I featured it as my "Wordless Wednesday" post.

    Several days later it appeared to be empty. Last night I went out after dark to water our tomato plants and found one of the fledglings roosting on the top of the support cage around one of the plants. So they have not gone far.

    Great captures.

    ReplyDelete