Aug 29, 2009

Silk Button: Monarch

This afternoon our first caterpillar to start the metamorphosis process. If you look closely, you can see the "Silk Botton" it is starting to form. We then went to a friend's home for dinner, which was a great time!

When we returned, this is what we found.... it is hanging in it's traditional "J". So exciting! So, tomorrow we should be able to see it's chrysalis. I'm hoping we don't miss seeing it go into it, but most likely will.

You can see all 6 of them in the picture below... can you find them? Really... it's not that hard! ;o)

They "poop" a lot! Eat and poop all day long! I am amazed at how much they have ate already. I've done this before, but am continiously amazed everytime we do watch it. Such an incredible process.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment